Thursday, November 3, 2011

Coupon Donations

Last weekend I was disappointed by the lack of "useful" coupons in the Sunday newspaper.  I even began to regret spending the $1.75 on the newspaper.  I clipped out the few that I would use, which just barely covered the expense of the newspaper, and prepared to throw the rest into recycling.

Then it hit me.   Just because a coupon wasn't useful to me, it could very well be useful to someone else.   That's why, last weekend, I posted about searching for a place that did coupon swaps.  

Today I had a change of heart.  No, I didn't decide to keep the coupons for myself.   I decided to give them away.   Today I searched online for options for donating my unused coupons.   And I found exactly what I was looking for.

There are groups that collect unused and expired coupons and send them overseas to military families.  Yes, even expired ones up to six months past expiration can be used by these families.  

To me, this seemed like a great way to help a family.   I may not be able to donate money right now to help others, but this is another way that I can help someone.   So I put over $60 worth of coupons into an envelope and mailed it to "Coups for Troops."  I encourage anyone who has unused or expired coupons to do the same.  For the price of a stamp or two (depending on how many coupons you mail!) you can help someone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment