Sunday, October 30, 2011

Extra coupons in need of a good home!

First thing this morning I jumped into my car (after cleaning the snow off of it) and made the one minute drive to the local market for my Sunday paper.  Normally I'd walk, but the drivers on my road are dangerous enough in good weather and I wasn't ready to experience their driving during this unusual pre-Halloween snow. 

Anyway, I'm sad to say that I didn't score very well this Sunday for coupons that I would use.  A lot of pet product coupons this week (Friskies, Alpo, etc.).   I have pets, but mine are on special diets so unfortunately these coupons would do little good for me.   My coupon preferences lean toward food (food for me, not the pets!) and overall there were only a few food coupons this week.   Disappointing, but I did manage to get enough to compensate for the cost of the paper.

After comparing my coupon spreadsheet to this week's ads, it appears I won't be making a shopping trip this week.   Fortunately, between the last two trips, I have enough food to last me for at least another week.  

Despite not finding a ton of coupons I would use, I did realize that the ones I didn't want were probably very useful to someone else.    I decided to explore online to see if I could find any sites that sponsored coupons swaps.   Maybe I can find someone who would send me coupons I will use in exchange for ones that I don't need.   So, I ended up clipping a lot more coupons than I planned, and saved the extra coupons that I won't use in an envelope in hopes of connecting to someone who will use them.  

So far I have found one site, ThriftyFun, that does have a coupon swap board.   I'm trying to find other sites, so if anyone knows of any good coupon swap sites, please let me know!   Or, if you are willing to swap, pop me an email. 
Here's a sampling of some of the coupons that are available for swap:
Olay body products
Cover Girl
Pampers
PediaSure
Tide
Downy
Cascade
Duracell Batteries
Chock Full O Nuts Coffee
Tampax
Charmin
Bounty
Softsoap
Advil
Cough medicine
And many more!
 *Most of these have expiration dates for the end of November, so let me know soon if you want any.  

I'm primarily looking for food product coupons, such as soups, veggies (frozen or canned), frozen foods, etc. 

Oh, I almost forgot to mention.  Remember to register at Proctor and Gamble's site to get some great deals.   Even though they put coupons into the Sunday newspaper, yesterday I received a booklet of coupons from them that totaled $34 and many were better deals than the Sunday coupons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment