Sunday, October 23, 2011

And this week's savings is.........

You'll have to wait (or scroll down to the end) to find out.

I almost missed out on a few of my savings today, but I have to thank my forgetful nature for some of the coupons I got to use today!

I met a friend for breakfast and a walk this morning, with the intentions of doing a grocery trip afterwards.   My coupons for the trip were ready, after consulting this week's Shaws ad and making a list.   Before I left I put my coupon pouch on the table, got distracted, and left without it.  I decided to skip out on my morning grocery shopping trip.

Good thing.

I skipped the originally planned grocery trip and stopped on the way home to pick up a newspaper for my coupon clipping.  Not as many good ones as last week for me, but I did score for some of this week's trip.  

Among the coupons found in this week's ad were several  for TGI Friday frozen products, as well as one for Progresso soup, both of which were on sale this week.

So, I decided to make a trip to the grocery store after all.  

Today's purchases:
4 cans of Progresso World Recipe's soup (on sale for 2/$3, plus I had a coupon for $1 off four cans of Progresso soup)
4 cans of Chunky soup (buy 1 get 1  free, plus I had a coupon for $0.50 off four cans which was doubled because Shaws doubles all coupons up to $0.99)
3 bags of Orida fries (part of a buy 3 get 3 free mix and match promotion that includes the TGI Friday products listed below.  I also had a coupon for $1.50 off 3 Orida fries products)
3 boxes of TGI Friday chicken wings (part of the above mix and match promotion, plus I had a $2.00 off coupon for 2 TGI Friday chicken snack products)
1 box Jose Ole Taquitos (on sale for $5.99, plus I had a $1.00 coupon)
2 packages of Perdue boneless chicken breast (buy 1 get 1 free, plus I used the $1.00 coupon I received in the mail last week)
Red seedless grapes (on sale for $1.99/lb)
Also, I had my $10 next visit coupon that I got last week at Shaws, which I used today since it was expiring this week

My total before coupons/Shaws reward card savings:  $70.82
After total coupons and Shaws reward card: $22.25
Total savings of 69%


In addition to my savings, I scored three new coupons at checkout:  
1 for $1.00 my next visit (good until November)
1 for $0.75  off 3 cans of Chunky soup (good until Januray)
1 for $0.75 off 3 cans of Campbell's Healthy Request or Chunky  Select Harvest soup (good until January)

I had set a goal of 50% savings for this trip and have beaten it by 19%!   So, what should my goal be for the next trip?   Although I got to 69% this week, I'm thinking that for each trip my goal should be 10% higher than the previous trip's goal.    Since this trip's goal was 50% savings, I think my next trip's goal should be 60% savings.   If I go over it, even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment