Saturday, October 15, 2011

Online Surveys

This isn't a couponing post, but I wanted to share with you some other methods I have used for a little extra income.   While in grad school, I did not work regularly during the first couple years.   Most of my income came from student loans, occasional pet-sitting, and filling in occasionally at my old job during school breaks.  

After the first year, things started to get much tighter with my finances.  I struggled to find a job that worked around my busy school schedule.   Through a facebook link from an acquaintance, I began to explore the world of online survey sites.   I was reluctant at first, not sure how legit these sites were.

I found one that has worked out well for me:  Opinion Outpost.   During the 2 1/2 years since joining Opinion Outpost, I have made some extra money.  You won't get rich from it of course, but it's a fun way for some extra spending money.  The way it works is that you register, fill out some profile surveys to help match you to possible surveys.  When they have a possible match for you, they email you to let you know.   Sometimes I have gone a couple weeks without qualifying for a survey, other times I've qualified for two or three in a single day.  

When you complete a survey, you are rewarded by points, which will vary by the particular survey.  I've earned up to 40 points (or $4) for a survey.   You can redeem you points for Amazon.com gift cards, checks, or Citi gift cards.  You can also donate points to the American Red Cross. 

Since joining, I have made over $200 taking surveys:

 

Give it a try!  If you are like me and love to multi-task, it's a fun activity to do while watching tv at night.

For more on Opinion Outpost: http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/6957125

No comments:

Post a Comment