Sunday, October 16, 2011

Free Sample Sites

A few years ago I decided to try my luck at scoring free samples.   I started by visiting the websites of different companies to see if they had any free samples available.   I got several samples that way, but found going to each different company's website to be time consuming, especially when I couldn't find any samples available.

Then I was able to find websites devoted entirely to linking visitors to free sample offers.   The first one I found was www.sassysue.com.   The site was organized by category (makeup, hair, etc.) but I do find that it is a bit overwhelming and recently have noticed many outdated listings.   Also, although some links bring you directly to the product's website, I have also found several that link to questionable sites for these samples.  As a rule, I prefer to only request free samples directly from the company itself.   Although this is not my first choice site for free samples anymore, it's still worth a visit. 

My current favorite, which I have been using for a couple years, is Shop4Freebies:  shop4freebies.com. Like sassysue, this is a website devoted to linking users to free samples, print coupons, and online coupons.  In general, I find this site well organized, easy to navigate, and very up to date.   Users also submit comments about offers which is a useful feature. 

In addition to getting free samples in the mail, requesting these samples have an added benefit.   Every time my sample comes, it also includes a coupon!  

I'm always on the hunt for free samples, so please, if anyone has some free sample sites that you know of and love, share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment