Sunday, October 23, 2011

Getting Organized

Watching Extreme Couponing, I see the people having some really cool binders for keeping their coupons organized.  My parents go for the more simple approach of having one of those accordion style coupon organizers that are divided by category.   The binder approach is very appealing.   The coupons are easy to see and it just looks cool.

I tried pricing the coupon binders online today and all the ones I've found run a bit more than I want to spend right now. 

However, I did accept that I needed to do more than my current organizational system, which is basically a large pouch with the coupons paper clipped together by categories.  

So I just spent about 45 minutes making a spreadsheet of all my coupons.   I'm up to 88, with the total value of all at $84.   Not as cool as a coupon binder, but at least I can search the spreadsheet for potential matches to the weekly ads, rather than go through my paper clipped stacks of coupons!

If I do ever decide to spend the $$ on a coupon binder, here's a couple of my fav's:
Of course, if I ever do get my coupon binder, I may need to save up for one of these cool coupon binder covers:  

Hmmm.....I am a knitter, so many there may be a market for knitted coupon binder covers???   Perhaps a little side job to make some extra money plus use up my scrap yarn.   

No comments:

Post a Comment